I've been back from Utah for a week or two. Or something like that... I'm not really sure... So I filled out that job application for safeway a while ago, right? Well I filled one out for Baskin-Robbins as well, cause that sounds much funner than bagging groceries... So I call the store to see if the manager has had time to go over my application [that whole "squeaky weel gets the oil" theory] and he said he hadn't but he wanted to see me. The manager is a guy from Japan I think and he is very hard to understand. So anyways I went to the place the yesterday at four and went in the back and he was eating his lunch. So I stood there for a couple seconds while he slurped down the rest of it and than he asked me what my name was... I told him and he said "Oh, so you're the Kenji." Well yes, as a matter of fact, I am the Kenji. Than he started looking through his horribly unorganised desk for my application... And he couldn't find it... Like are you serious? How did he swing that? So he had me write down my name and my phone number and my cell phone number, he said he would find my application and call me than I left...
So today I had nothing better to do than go to work at Boilermasters inc. with my dad... but it's not like one of those "come see what daddy does at work day" things... no, not at all... I get paid $8 an hour and I sweep and cut pipes and smash stuff... It's not too bad...... And he just handed me $52 dollars in cash... That's a pretty good deal. So now I'm in his office, on his computer blogging. And the letters are huge. Like an inch tall... um... I think I might have a seizure... But it was a pretty good day... I didn't have a reaction to the orange hand soap and i didn't fall on my butt jumping on big fat heating vent pipes...
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
fun...i hate job hunting.
me too!!!
Post a Comment